Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Did you miss it?

I'm coming up for air again after the book sale. My friend, Cheri, and I have been organizing the Missoula/Bitterroot Homeschool Used Book Sale for 10 years now. It seems every year has its adventures, and this year was no exception.

A friend of Cheri's came early, poor dear, we put her to work right away! My daughter and I had arrived a little before Cheri, and along with Cheri's friend, we put up all the chairs, pulled out tables and were nearly arranged when Cheri got there, right on time.

In doing the name tags, we found we were short on tables, a perennial problem! I had tossed in 2 tables of my own, and Cheri went to her church and borrowed one, giving us exactly the right number. The Lord has provided just what we needed each year.

It was great to see so many people, and a wonderful blessing to know that people were able to buy and sell things they needed to. Every year we hear stories from fellow homeschoolers that they were able to find exactly what they needed at a price they could afford. That really makes our efforts worthwhile!

The only sad note this year, I got an email last night from a friend in Anaconda, wondering if she had missed the sale! Cheri and I try to be consistent in planning for the first Monday in June, don't miss it next year!

Congratulations to K.G. of Lolo, who won the gift basket drawing!

No comments:

Post a Comment