Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Why the current time in Peru?

This week my 19 year old daughter arrived in Lima, Peru for a missions trip. She has made all the arrangements herself for this trip planned to be a year long.

I'm excited for her, and yet LONG is the operative word! That seems like such a long time for her to be gone! I'm praying for her to have a fun, effective ministry with the Peruvian group there, and also for her to be safe.

Like many experiences, there have been ups and downs already. The Peruvian mission interns have been nice to her, but her Spanish-English Bible and her contact lens solution were missing from her luggage.

She's very excited about this opportunity to serve the Lord, but doesn't speak Spanish! (She studied American Sign Language in our high school, that will be another post.) I'm confident she'll learn Spanish quickly, she'll certainly be highly motivated!

It's scary for me to have her doing this. But I'm reminding myself that this is what we raised our children to do, to step into adulthood and live the life God has for them. (Please feel free to pray for her!)

No comments:

Post a Comment